Monday, December 16, 2013

Wimberley!!

Ok, we could seriously become Hill Country folk! Found another uber cute town! Went for a little drive today and after 30 minutes along twisting scenic back roads, over creeks, and rivers, past the seven levels of the candy cane forest, through the sea of twirly whirly gum drops, oops! Wrong town! Got your attention now! "Wimberely", population 2625 (2012), started as a trading post in 1848, then became a Gristmill Town (flour/grain mill)… learn something everyday eh! So here we are back in present day wandering the small streets filled with vintage shops, restaurants, hat stores, candle stores, etc, etc, you get the picture. Anyhoo, there is more to this town than just shopping, but today was about getting up late, and finding a town to browse and sip coffee. So while I ran in and out of stores on a euphoric high, Graham graciously took the dog and the camera. So without delay, here are some great pictures he snapped!

















Some of you may wonder if I was able to control myself and not purchase anything… Silly you! Of course not!! I spent a whole $12 on my 1960's Corningware Teapot! How exciting is that!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't keep up with y'all! Looks so quaint there. I remember that teapot, I think we had one when I was a kid......a wee kid!

    ReplyDelete